Oakwood Wellbeing has a vacancy for a Physiotherapist with qualifications and experience in aquatic therapy. The post would be to provide evening treatments for patients attending the Oakwood Clinic with a focus on hydrotherapy. The position will experience a wide variety of conditions including orthopaedic and neurological in nature.
- Hours: Unspecified hours, dependent upon demand.
- Contract: Permanent following a 6-month probation period
- Location: Wendover, Buckinghamshire
- Reports to: Clinical Lead Oakwood Wellbeing
- Accountable to: Chief Executive Officer and trustees
- Line Manages: None
- Internal Relationships: Senior Leadership Team, Trustees, Clinical staff, Oxygen Treatment volunteers, staff colleagues, patients and visitors etc.
- External Relationships: A range of professionals across all disciplines
The Physiotherapist will:
- Be competent in managing both the rehabilitation of patients on land and in water.
- Actively contribute to Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) activities through clinical audit and liaise closely with the Clinical Lead regarding professional performance, in accordance with HCPC guidelines and governing core standards.
- Support the delivery of a high quality, appropriate, cost effective and efficient physiotherapy service for people undergoing treatment at Oakwood Wellbeing; empowering clients to manage their condition effectively and maximise their potential to reach their goals of self-management.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Physiotherapist will be responsible for the following tasks and activities:
- To have a clinical caseload of patients in the Physiotherapy Department including the hydrotherapy pool, which will be patients with a variety of conditions as seen in the Oakwood Clinic.
- To develop and maintain skills required to work at level within physiotherapy as acknowledged by the CSP.
- To act as a source of clinical expertise and highly specialised advice to patients, carers, senior Physiotherapists and other healthcare professionals and GPs in the assessment, diagnosis, treatment and management of patients.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of clinical work including the management of patients.
- To actively contribute to maintaining a high standard of clinical practice for Physiotherapists within the Oakwood Clinic.
- To undertake comprehensive clinical assessments of patients including those with diverse or complex presentations/multiple pathologies whilst reasoning appropriate outcome measures according to the patient’s symptoms.
- To formulate and deliver individual physiotherapy treatment programmes using clinical assessment skills, clinical reasoning skills and knowledge of an extensive range of treatment modalities gained through regular participation of post graduate courses and senior level in-service training.
- To formulate goals and clinical objectives jointly with patients, carers, relatives and other health professionals and continually reassess patients to evaluate progress, reassess and alter treatment programmes if required.
- To provide comprehensive progress reports to colleagues and referring GPs, and other patient services.
- To assess patients understanding of treatment proposals, gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework.
- To manage clinical risk within own patient caseload at all times whilst supervising elements of risk encountered by juniors.
- To be responsible for maintenance of accurate written records, in line with Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) standards and monitoring the record keeping of staff within the CMSC.
- To work within the CSP and HCPC clinical guidelines where appropriate, and to maintain knowledge of national and local standards and monitor own and colleagues’ safe and competent practice.
How to apply
Please submit your CV and covering letter by email to email@example.com
Closing date: 28-Jun-22 (If we receive a high volume of applications then we reserve the right to close this job advert early).